Conversations Magazine's #BooksYouNeedtoRead Issue

Conversations Magazine's #BooksYouNeedtoRead Issue

Thursday, January 3, 2008

C. A. Webb discusses his "Destiny" today--- Thursday, Jan. 3rd

Challenges have always intrigued me. Any time someone says to me that something can't be done, I look for a way to prove them wrong.

Such is the case with my novella DESTINY'S CHILD to be officially released on Thursday, January 3, 2008 at a book discussion held at the Pearl Public Library in Pearl, MS (6:30p.m.)
 
The book is less than 100 pages and will retail for only $10.00 ($5.00 in ebook form) and will be the first of my releases under "Shadow Play Shorts". The idea is to give the reader a story that can be a quick read but is layered enough to keep them coming back for me.

Is it ambitious? You better believe it. Normally something of this nature is done by an author who has a well-established base...not someone like me who is relatively unknown. This goes back to the challenge.

Stephen King incorporated this idea in the way he released one of his best novels, THE GREEN MILE. It was written as 6 chapbooks and released one a month for six months---eventually all of them being on the New York Times Bestsellers list at the same time! He also used this same approach with RIDING THE BULLET, the novella that was released only in online form and sold over 500,000 copies.

Now, I don't think I can initially match the numbers of Stephen King, but I absolutely believe that such success is attainable.

For more information, contact Robin Gardner at 601.664.8805 or me via email at cawebb4@juno.com.

No comments: