Conversations Magazine's #BooksYouNeedtoRead Issue

Conversations Magazine's #BooksYouNeedtoRead Issue

Monday, September 1, 2008

TAKE TEN: Conversations' interview with author Peron Long

Author Peron Long is not waiting on others to establish his success. Everyday of his life he is constanting grinding, determinied to make sure you know who he is. The 38 year old from Rock Hill, South Carolina has a real story to tell about how he has achieved the success he has attained-- and you would do well to listen to it.
Peron, thank you for taking out the time to talk with Conversations. Before we get into your book PULPIT CONFESSIONS, I want to get your reaction to the success you have experienced since it was published. Have you been surprised at the response from readers?
I have been extremely surprised at the response received of Pulpit Confessions. My first thoughts were that those who are fans of Christian Fiction would want to hang me from a cross and those who were not fans of Christian Fiction would write PC off as just another "preacher done wrong" story.

You thank a lot of family in the acknowledgements for the book. Would you say they are surprised at how the book has been received and is a career as an author something they would have expected from you?
No one who actually knows me is surprised at my career. Most of my family members often remind me of how as a child I would lock myself in my room for hours never coming out with the exception to use the bathroom. When my parents would punish me they often did so by taking away all of my paper, pencils, pens and books and they would force me outside to play.

One of the things that intrigues me about your book is the fact that it takes the reader into the motivations of someone who is in a position of power. Tell us how the idea for the book developed and what your motivation was for writing it?
My inspiration for this novel was based on the current state of today's Spiritual community. Over the past couple of years we have seen the fall of congregations due to the acts of Man. My goal while writing PC was to show a more humanistic side of those viewed as the epitome of Righteousness.
 
 
 
 

No comments: